The Club was founded in 1956 by Dr. William T. Ince MD, who established the first hospital in Twentynine Palms. The club incorporated August 16, 1964 as a Mutual Benefit/Recreational Non-Profit corporation. The current 80 acre range site was leased from Bureau of Land Management in 1964.
Because of our Non-Profit status we are a "MEMBERS ONLY" club. The IRS and the California Franchise Tax Board do not allow us to be open to the public. Being open to the public is considered a "For Profit" activity. Non members can visit and use the range if they are accompanied by a member.
The club sustains itself with annual membership fees, and does not consume one penny of State, Federal, or local taxes. Annual fee is $60.00 per club year which runs from August 31, to August 31. The membership includes spouses and children under the age of 18 that are living in the same household.
Community service has always been a hallmark of our organization. As a community service we provide free range time to the California Highway Patrol, National Park Service (Joshua Tree National Park) Morongo Unified School District (California Cadet Corps) Copper mountain Campus, Special Warfare Units of the U.S. Military, and the U.S. Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS).
The Club grounds are open for shooting from sunrise to 10 pm (2200). Camping is allowed 24/7. We do not charge a range fee each time you wish to shoot. The exceptions are shooting competitions and organized events. Non-members are subject to purchasing a $5.00 one day membership.