Law Enforcement Range
The Law Enforcement Range is a 50 yard range with mock door ways and window firing positions. This range also has a covered picnic table area. Members may use the law enforcement range provided it is not being used by law enforcement agencies.
Some of the Agencies that use our law enforcement range include California Highway Patrol, National Park Service (Joshua Tree National Park), Morongo Unified School District (California Cadet Corps), Special Warfare Units of the U.S. Military, and the U.S. Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS).
Law Enforcement Range Rules
You must yield to law enforcement if you are on the range and they need to use it. The same rules apply to members using this range as do the pistol range: pistol and rimfire caliber ammunition only. Members are not permitted to us rifle caliber ammunition on this range!
Firearms Safety Rules
1. Assume every gun to be loaded.
2. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
3. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
4. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
5. Know your target and what is beyond.
6. Never point your firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.
7. Wear eye and ear protection as appropriate.
8. Never use alcohol, over the counter, prescription or other drugs before or while shooting.
9. Alcohol and drugs are never allowed on range property.
10. NO glass targets of any kind are ever allowed anywhere on Club property.
11. NO exploding targets, Tannerite, “rubber targets” like champion duraseal for rimfire firearms, glass, appliances, TVs, etc. Do not leave anything on the range that you brought onto the property.
12. Loaded firearms are NOT allowed anywhere on Club property except the firing line. CCW holders, Law Enforcement Officers, and Range Officers are exempt.
13. Any person may call a cease fire for anything unsafe that occurs.
14. Live fire is only allowed on approved live fire ranges.