The Rifle Range has concrete shooting benches and target holders at 50, 100, 150, 200, 270, 400 and 500 yards. 270 yards is point blank sighting-in range for most 30 Cal. Rifles. The range has target holders for paper targets and fixed steel targets of varying sizes and distances. A large metal 30″ square gong is located at 400 yards.
Rifle Range Rules
The Rifle Range is closed on the 1st Saturday of every month for rifle competitions. Shooting at anything on the power lines or at the power lines themselves will result in the immediate loss of membership for life. Shooting off range or outside of range boundaries will result in the immediate loss of membership for life.
Firearms Safety Rules
1. Assume every gun to be loaded.
2. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
3. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
4. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
5. Know your target and what is beyond.
6. Never point your firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.
7. Wear eye and ear protection as appropriate.
8. Never use alcohol, over the counter, prescription or other drugs before or while shooting.
9. Alcohol and drugs are never allowed on range property.
10. NO glass targets of any kind are ever allowed anywhere on Club property.
11. NO exploding targets, Tannerite, “rubber targets” like champion duraseal for rimfire firearms, glass, appliances, TVs, etc. Do not leave anything on the range that you brought onto the property.
12. Loaded firearms are NOT allowed anywhere on Club property except the firing line. CCW holders, Law Enforcement Officers, and Range Officers are exempt.
13. Any person may call a cease fire for anything unsafe that occurs.
14. Live fire is only allowed on approved live fire ranges.